Check out our website!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Water Leak in Your Condo - Who Pays?

When a water leak occurs in your condo, who should pay a professional to determine whether it is coming from an owner's pipe or one that is in a common area - you or the condo board?

You may have to contact your association to find out, as the answer varies by case. The first step is requesting an inspection and contacting your insurance company to determine
The answer may be different for each case. The clear answer is what should be done immediately: Contact your association and request an inspection and contact your insurance company to find out if your policy will cover the cost of a professional inspection.

The next step is locating the source of the leak. Typically, if the source of the leak is within a unit and the owner is not maintaining the property according to association guidelines, the owner will most likely be responsible. If the leak is occurring in a common area such as a pool, the responsibility may fall on the association. 

Wherever responsibility lies, you must contact your homeowner's insurance company immediately. Failure to do so can result in denial of coverage later. Be sure to also notify the condo association immediately and alert them that action needs to be taken immediately. As an extra precaution make sure that all correspondence is in writing and pictures are taken of the damage for your records.

Remember, for any leak, give GreenTeam Plumbing a call!

Source: Sun-Sentinel


  1. Water leaks are a common problem in homes and businesses. A water leak can cause extensive damage to your property and can be expensive to repair. There are several things you can do to prevent water leaks, including checking your plumbing for leaks and repairing any damage. You should also check your roof for leaks and make sure your gutters are clear of debris. If you do experience a water leak, be sure to contact a plumber immediately.
    1-800 WATER DAMAGE of South Denver

  2. This sort of sheet metallic is good for merchandise that shall be uncovered to frequent moisture. It contains chromium, a component that significantly reduces corrosion brought on by harsh or damp environments. Components produced high precision machining from stainless steel sheet metallic fabrication can enhance the lifespan of a product or construction, from kitchen sinks to workplace buildings. Sheet metallic merchandise have excessive strength and are deployed in sturdy buildings. Moreover, these merchandise are skinny and lightweight, which makes them easy to transport. They are ideal for|are excellent for} use in varied weather conditions and provide moisture and corrosion resistance.